The PlayStation Portable is a handheld video game system made by Sony. It has a brighter, more detailed screen than that of most previous handheld video game systems.
Based on a press release accessed through IGN.
- PSP CPU core
- PSP CPU (System clock frequency 1~333MHz, dynamically underclockable to extend battery life), 32MB Main Memory and 4MD Embedded DRAM.
- UMD Drive (Playback only), Region Code and Parental Control.
- PSP Game, UMD Audio, UMD Video. Only Sony-encrypted software can be run from the Memory Stick, unless the system is running firmware version 1.00 or 1.50.
- IEEE 802.11b (Wi-Fi), USB 2.0 (Target), Memory Stick [PRO] Duo, IrDA, IR Remote (SIRCS), 5V DC OUT, Terminals for charging built-in battery, Headphone/Microphone/Control connector.
- Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Analog pad, Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Left, Right keys (shoulder buttons), START, SELECT, HOME, POWER On/Sleep/Hold/Off switch, Brightness control, Sound Mode, Volume +/-, Wireless LAN On/Off switch, UMD Eject.
- Size Details
- Dimensions: Approxately 170mm (L) x 74mm (W) x 23mm (D), Weight: Approximately 260g (including battery)
- Screen: 4.3 inch, 16:9 widescreen TFT LCD, 480 x 272 pixel (16.77 million colors), Max. 200 cd/m2 (with brightness control), Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in lithium-ion battery, AC adaptor, 128 bit AES encryption, Individual ID for each PSP hardware unit.
- Stand, Headphone with remote commander, Headphone with remote commander and microphone, External battery pack, Case, wrist strap, USB Camera for PSP (E3 Prototype only), USB GPS for PSP (E3 Prototype only), USB Keyboard for PSP (E3 Prototype only).