WifiMe and WMB are a set of a custom drivers and software by FireFly for RALink based wireless network cards.
Only the cards listed in the PCI or PCMCIA section on this page are supported by the driver.
With WMB you can stream code straight from the PC to the DS using DS Download Play.
To a DS with FlashMe installed you can stream homebrew unsigned code. But to an unflashed DS with original firmware you can only stream officially signed demos from Nintendo.
To install FlashMe using WifiMe you need to have a DS with old firmware and a GBA Flash Card.
So to clarify, if you have a DS with new firmware, the only thing you can do with WifiMe is play official Nintendo demos. You need to get PassMe2 if you want to run homebrew or install FlashMe.
See DS Firmware for how to check if your DS has old or new firmware.
A detailed installation and usage tutorial can be found here.
On older versions of DS firmware, you can use the data in the 'wifime' folder, which is a modified version of part of Super Mario 64 DS, to run a .ds.gba file on a GBA flash card, as with PassMe. This does not work on the new firmware.
wmb -data wifime
You can stream a .nds file to your DS. If you haven't installed FlashMe, this file must be signed by Nintendo (such as one of the E3 demos). If you try to boot homebrew using this method without FlashMe, you'll get a garbled Nintendo logo.
wmb -data file.nds
- I double-click wmb.exe, and a black window pops up and immediately disappears!
- It's a command-line program. Run it from the Command Prompt.
- I use WMB with homebrew but all I get is a garbled Nintendo logo!
- The program you sent fails the digital signature verification. Remove this verification by using WifiMe and a GBA Flash Card to install FlashMe, and then try again.
- I use WifiMe but all I get is the Super Mario 64 DS loading screen!
- You have new firmware. You need to use NoPass or PassMe2 instead.
- I use WMB with a DS Lite but I get communication errors!
- The DS Lite uses parts of the DS Download Play protocol that older versions of the WMB program did not understand. Upgrade to WMB 1.5 and try again.